The Luxman L-595A SE integrated is coming.

Luxman is releasing this fall a 95th anniversary integrated. It's style is from the late 1980's. No meters all buttons. Power wise it seems like the same as the 590AXII. World wide 300 of these integrated's will be built. 100 allocated to the US market. Price about $11,495. You can view it on the new Luxman website.
luxmancl38

Showing 5 responses by ryder

Although I am a fan of Luxman amps, I have to say this one looks ugly and cheap in comparison to the current range of Luxman integrateds. Sorry. It looks like a Yamaha instead which is usually a downgrade in build, looks and sound quality.
joeinid637 posts06-14-2021 5:04am The 595A is now a different animal. It’s absolutely amazing. Big 3D, open and sweet with absolutely wonderful vocals. Sooooo much better than when first fired up and absolutely stunning now. It’s only going to get better.

I’ve owned the 590AXII and loved it. This 595A SE has now surpassed my memory of the 590AXII which was/is superb in its own right

May I ask the reason you sold the Luxman L-590AXII? It is interesting that you owned the L-590AXII before and now have the 595A SE.

I own the 590AXII and this integrated will likely outlive me. I have owned many amps throughout the years both integrated and costlier pre/power combinations and the Luxman really shines in comparison to all the amps which I’ve owned. It's really something quite special. The 590AXII is priced significantly lower than the higher range Vitus, D’Agostino or Gryphon etc. but it is quality. It does not only sound great but looks the part as well.

Apart from the Luxman, I also own Naim NAC282/250DR and another solid-state integrated and the Luxman sounds best with my current speakers.

Enjoy your newly acquired 595A SE.

Joeinid, thanks for the clarification which is certainly useful. I’m glad the 595A SE has worked out great for you. At the price it ought to deliver.

I have been a Naim user for many years, 10 to be exact starting from NAC202/NAP200 for 7 years to currently 282/HCDR/250DR. The sound of the Luxman is very different from the Naim. The Luxman is much more neutral with a delicate and refined delivery. If comparing between the L-590AXII and 282/HCDR/250DR, the Luxman reproduces music with more sophistication, sounding more nuanced, refined and detailed than the Naim. The Naim sounds bolder and more forward in comparison with slightly better macro dynamics.

The sound of the Naim is more colored than the Luxman to me. Other users who own Luxman and Naim appear to share the same sentiment. The Luxman sound is pure, while with the Naim it appears that it’s adding something to the sound which can be desirable in some systems, not so much in other systems based on highly revealing speakers which tend to reveal all the warts.

With Naim, to get to the same level of refinement and detail, I suspect one needs to go up to NAC 252/Supercap level which will cost a lot more than the Luxman.

590AXII on steroids? Or perhaps closer sounding to 509X? Interesting. Just wished Luxman made the 595 prettier to match the stellar sound quality.
What is the difference in sound quality between the 595A SE and 590AXII? Any reviews?