The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Eric:

I am hoping you will post the pictures and overview of your system.

best regards
diva

I've saw Eric's system at the audiocircleforum, If I recall...The Diva-Muse system was a system he owned before he switched to Vmps RM-40's which he has sold off to upgrade to the Vmps RM/X system he now owns.

He has? some pictures posted at that forum a while ago and may have posted more sense I saw those, don't know.

Dave
Revel Salons. I'm a drummer, been one for 40 years, so I can say that I know what a drumset sounds like. Drums encompass the entire frequency spectrum- bass drum on the bottom, toms through the mids, and cymbals on the top with very high transients. Salons are the only speaker I have heard that reproduce a drumset the way it sounds to me (not necessarily when I'm playing them, but when I am out in front listening to another drummer playing.) And of course, it does a great job with the other instruments that I play with - guitars, keys, etc.
One of the best I have heard was the Joseph Audio Pearls at the Home Entertainment 2003 in San Francisco. They were paired with Manley tube equipment and the sound was absolutely phenomenal.