The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
Mtkhl567 - I have an NWO-3.0-GO and might be interested in participating in the shootout you suggest. It would depend on where and when the shootout will occur, of course.
2bred, that's a beginning, that is if you live in Europe ... I'd be thrilled to host something after a little room treatment in my abode!
Mtkhl567,

Thank you for offering a locale, that is very nice of you. I live in the US, on the west coast! Too bad, I am sure it would have been a very interesting event to participate in. Hopefully you will let us know the results if this shootout does occur in the EU.

Good luck with your room treatments.
I've just clocked in 300 Hrs on a Marantz SA11s2. Was able to pick one up for $2200 new with 3 year warranty. Be patient with break in. I'm plugged into a passive preamp with good results, but plugged into a tub preamp is...heaven.
I'm now seeing the Toshiba SD9200 available at $200.
Combined with an MIT AC noise reducing power cord for another few hundred, and some type of economical isolation device which you should have anyway, you will have surprisingly decent sound. (My MIT/Spectral system is very revealing). Cheers.