The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
I am using my Denon 3910 as a transport. I would like to find out, myself, how it compares to state-of-the-art. I want to know its shortcomings, and get an idea of how much more I would need to spend to achieve state-of-the-art. I have a hunch, but I also think it may have the owner of a state-of-the-art player questioning price/performance ratio. Remember, simplicity can beat complexity a lot. We could use the transport of the state-of-the-art player. He could use his state-of-the-art preamp or volume control. I could bring my 3910. I'm not saying, that since I own the Oritek, that it must be the best out there. It is a revelation, though.
Mtkhl567 - I have an NWO-3.0-GO and might be interested in participating in the shootout you suggest. It would depend on where and when the shootout will occur, of course.
2bred, that's a beginning, that is if you live in Europe ... I'd be thrilled to host something after a little room treatment in my abode!
Mtkhl567,

Thank you for offering a locale, that is very nice of you. I live in the US, on the west coast! Too bad, I am sure it would have been a very interesting event to participate in. Hopefully you will let us know the results if this shootout does occur in the EU.

Good luck with your room treatments.