That Transformational piece of Gear We All Wish For

I suspect most of the music/audio lovers on this web site have wished for that piece of gear that literally transforms their system?  I know i have.  I have been going down this audio rabbit hole since the mid 70’s, and there have been a few pieces that made a really nice improvement to my system (the PS Audio P20 Power plant being one of them).  However (and this comment only applies to pre-amps and amps and no other category), nothing that I can ever recall has so energized and improved my system in so many ways as my new pre-amp.  I have owned some really fine brands in the past including Pass,  Coda, ARC, PS Audio,  Rowland, and more, but now I am a BAT Man for sure.   The new pre-amp is the BAT VK-80 and I love that beast.  I hope everyone reading this will get a chance someday to try one in their system.  I know he is a controversial figure,  but Kevin Deal's review of this piece is so right on.  He really loves it too and rightfully so.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv2swa55JXo

My system consists of:

Thiel 3.7 speakers

Coda 16 power amp

PS Audio DSD DAC MK II

PS Audio Perfect Wave transport

PS Audio P20 power plant

BAT VK 80 preamp

128x128ronkent

@ronkent  An amp stand between the speakers, with a run of XLR cables, and you can put any amp there that you want, regardless of size.  Just sayin'....

thanks and true.  but the way things are set up i have to live with the configuration.  truthfully just the thought of lifting those beasts gives me pause.  i had shoulder surgery recently and am not a big guy anyway.  i am thinking long term about the REX 300 amp because its size is manageable 

It would be nice if the Wizards at BAT would make it easier to strap their amps for mono operation. Having to send them to the factory is a real pain. 

I did it this year with the purchase of my Von Schweikert VR9 SE Mk2 upgraded sub-amps, etc., my Westminster Lab REI amps, my Jay's Audio CDt3 Mk3 and Lampizator Poseidon DAC/Pre-amp.  

In 2006, I upgraded to a VPI TNT VI+ with a Townshend Seismic Sink.,

In 1989 , I upgraded to a tricked out superior performing SME IV (Brooks Berdan multi-molded),

I'm 68.  It is possible I may upgrade the analog components.

I'm using GroverHuffman power cables and speaker cables which I do not intend to ever change. 

Switched to Belden (Blue Jeans) interconnects last year.

I had felt that my system sounded very good, However, upgrading my preamp from my beloved Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 (2 chassis unit) to a truly reference level Aesthetix Callisto Eclipse preamp really allowed all of my other components to reach what they are capable of..