Telefunken Black Diamond E88CC / 6922

Noticed these at Tube Depot. Anybody tried these new tubes ??
slikric3000

Showing 8 responses by roxy54

I didn't know that new tubes were being manufactured under the Telefunken name. A few months ago, I bought a NOS pair of 6922s from Upscale audio for my DAC, and I can say that they were well worth the high price. I wonder if anyone here has heard the new production.
So if I am reading this correctly, they are a select grade of a JJ design? I know next to nothing about tubes, I only bought the Telefunkens for my DAC because I researched 6922 NOS tubes, and they were supposed to be one of the best, but it seems that they may be trading on a famous name (authorized of course) which is not the original design. Is that how it sounds to you Mofi?
OK, so then we should not consider them to be true Telefunkens in anything but name.
Noromance,
I am well aware of what NOS means; which is why I used the term. I am not sure of why you misunderstood my post, but I bought the Telefunkens from Upscale Audio as old and unused.
That's a strange comment. Do you mean that you would buy them simply because they are stamped with the Telefunken logo, even though they are a JJ design?