Tekton tweeter design

Hi everyone,

I found a cool, fact filled thread with some smart DIY'ers over at the DIYAudio forum about how the Tekton tweeter arrays are wired and how they work.

Kind of interesting in how they were innovative in some ways, and in others did some questionable things. Reminds me of Infinity, who developed crazy crossovers in large part by ear, which we can now really improve upon. Still good sounding, but in hind sight we wonder about them.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/336743-help-understanding-tekton-tweeter-array-schematic.h...

Please, keep your flames over here on Audiogon. :)
erik_squires

Showing 2 responses by 213runnin

On the ugly comment, I'm surprised they haven't done something about the looks by now.  It could be a real money maker to upgrade all of the cabinets with curved sides, magnetic grills or even some nice wood grain finishes.  

The woofers seem to be lowest bidder off the shelf varieties, but at least with improved cabinets and some grills, they could move into much improved sales.  
Snapsc, most people would agree that talk is cheap.  For example, it’s easy to say that the looks of his speakers could be improved, etc.  It’s quite another thing to actually do anything about those very plain looks,

My comment was in part an observation of Tekton’s product line over the last several years.  They’ve had a long time to make improvements and are only now paying lip service to the issue.  Offering different paint colors is just putting lipstick on a pig.  

Danoroo, my comment on cheap off the shelf drivers wasn’t a knock on sound, but on age.  Will such drivers last 15 years?  I can guarantee that they will suffer worse long term with sunlight than others with more robust materials.  And I’m really hoping that at least the surrounds are rubber and not foam.