Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Let me jump in on the Tekton Vs Goldenear discussion. I have owned a pair of GE Triton 2s for 4-5 years. Personally, I find my Maggie 3.7i's (when driven properly) superior in every possible way -- midrange, treble, coherency, soundstage, depth, ability to play loud and even bass. I have relegated the GE's to my video room. Every blue moon I pull them back into the music room for kicks, but I am lucky to last a hour with them before getting bothered by the midrange, body bass and lack of soundstage. They are not the speaker for me, but I say so knowing every listener has different preferences. Honestly 90% of speakers are not for me, and I know it. 

i have also heard the newer GE Tritons at the audio shows and they always remind me of mine.  Not the sound for me.

i have also heard the DIs five times (4 in Chicago and once at the LAAS). When set up properly in a large room with good tube gear and tons of space behind and around the speaker, they are absolutely freaking incredible. Definitely better in some ways than my Maggies, though still a tad boxy and not quite as refined. I have not heard the DI SE's but if they add to the refinement, then we have a real contender for best speaker for me under $10k. 

Let me reiterate that that I am in no way saying the DI is better than the GE. I am just saying I prefer them in every way that matters to me. Speakers are something that an audiophile has to hear for him or herself, and has to judge based upon their values and preferences. I dig soundstage, vocal purity, depth, natural tone and images floating outside any box. The DI's have "it".
thanks cardiffkook

I am going to listen to them, but what you are saying in no way surprises me. Eric makes one hell of a speaker. Supposedly the Triton Reference is much better than the previous Tritons but I suspected I would be giving up a lot from the Tektons.
@vitop Great that you have a few dealers where you can listen to the GE Refs. What’s nice about that is you’ll get to hear them in different rooms with different gear / systems.

I first auditioned the 2+ and the Ones. There really was a major difference between the 2+ (and I understand the + is an improvement over the 2s) and the Ones.

I then auditioned the Ones and the Ref more recently. Again, my biggest take away (given the so so system, and subpar setup and room - btw, exactly the same in both demos other than the change up of speaker) was that there was a significant step up from the Ones to the Ref, just like there was from the 2+ to the Ones. Despite the bad room and setup, etc. the differences in each speaker were very evident...which is really what I was looking to determine.

For me, my base line speaker with respect to GE would be the Ones. I obviously did not move forward with them. To my ears and preferences the Reference plays at a level where I would be open to bringing them into my home for a final audition.

As for which sound/performance you will prefer and be drawn to, only you can find out and answer. There is a ’house’ sound to the GE line due to the similar design, components and shared dna; as there probably is with Tekton (the DIs are the only Tektons I have heard, so I cannot say for sure).

It will be very interesting to learn your take on the GE Reference and your comparison to the Double Impacts.