Technics SL1000 MK3 (SP10 MK3) performance/value VS modern turntables?

I have a Technics SL1000 MK3 in beautiful condition and in it's lifetime has seen very little use.
I am ready to send it off for complete electronics restoration/upgrade, upgrade the speed control processor module and have the Krebs mods done.  Will cost about $2500.00 to have all this done.

I was wondering how this would compare to what is out there for modern turntables after all the work is done? 
Or, would I be better off selling it, and adding what I was going to spend for the upgrades to a new turntable?
I believe these should sell in untouched condition for at least $5K?  So that would put me in the $7.5K range for a modern table?

For tonearms, I already have:
New, unmounted Moerch DP8
Fidelity Research FR64S, in beautiful condition that I sent off to Ikeda/Japan and they re-wired (better silver wiring, I still have original wires) and completely tore it down and rebuilt/re-lubed.... it's just like a new FR64S.

I think this table would be hard to beat at the $7500.00 price point, but would appreciate others opinion.

Rick

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xrich121

Showing 8 responses by rich121

With bank transfer fees, plus return shipping & restoration/rewire it was $900
Hello Lew,
I don't really know what these are selling for now?
Yes, I was wanting a comparison after all the restoration/upgrades.

I'm just thinking ahead... love the Technics, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't putting money into something that I may get better performance/value buying new?  I have saved just enough to do the upgrades and don't want to limit myself.
Hope I make sense... :)

Also... great to see your post, you are one of the most helpful I know :)
Glad I posted!
Just needed some reaffirmation :)
I actually meant to have it gone through 2 years ago, but I had some health issues and needed to re-direct...
All is good now... and taking a quote from thaluza... I want an "end game" turntable....
So.. now to plan for the upgrades.

I really appreciate all the posts and information... you guys are the best!

Rick
Just to clarify...the $2500 I posted earlier is approximately $1300 for electronics/controller chip restore/upgrades and $1200 for Krebs, which I may wait on the Krebs for now.
RichardKrebs,
Let me clarify my statement that I may wait to do your upgrade until a later time is due to cost of doing both upgrades at the same time versus doing the electronic upgrades first and then yours when it is 'safer' financially.
Trying to keep the hobby as stress free as possible :)

@atmasphere
Very curious what platter mat recommendations you have for the MK3?
Finally got the SP10 MK3 sent to JP last week.
He will be doing everything he can and I also will be purchasing a 'spare' speed controlling chip, in case it is needed in the future.

Now I'm looking for a TTM Monitor Mat...