Technics 1200G Tweaks

Got a Technics 1200G last week.  I have been using it with the included power cord and interconnects.  It sounds really good but I have the feeling that it would sound better if I replaced them with something better.
Wondering what other owners of the table have bought and been pleased with.  I heard that the Shunyata Venom 14 power cord is good.  How is their phono IC?  Also thinking about Signal Cables.

I would like to keep it under $300 per cord.
Also, has anyone tried using the Isonoe feet?
Thanks!
andysf

Showing 3 responses by rauliruegas

Dear @billstevenson : A better quality internal arm wiring always makes an improvement and this is out of discussion  per sé.

If we don't like the arm internal wiring is not becuse  a mistake for our part. All depends of the room/system  characteristics and each one music/sound priorities.

When we integrated  better audio item/link in the system nd we don't like it the problem normally belongs that the new item take out a system audio link that was hidden before. Improvements in the systems means better resolution where almost nothing can stays hidden.

Btw, I love the Windfeld And yes better than the 90/95.

R.
Dear friends: The different models of the new Technics designs are really different to the very well regarded " old " 1200/1700.

It is weird that no one of you mentioned a crtical twecks: headshell wires and internal tonearm wiring.

If all of you listened the improvements when changed for better IC phono cables well those two tweaks I mentioned will be a bigger quality level improvements additional to what already you did it.

It’s very easy to take in count why is so important the headshell wires and tonearm internal wiring where is where the very sensible cartridge signal must pass through before any other cable or electronics.

The stock internal wiring and the after market headshells has not the quality level to make that critical and the must important issue with that great tonearm design.

Yes, silver headshell wires with silver female connectors and silver internal wiring is the best way to go and no the silver is not over brigth and is the best audio signal conductor you can use. You need that through those headshell/tonearms wires the cartridge signal looks for a minimum degradation, is here where everything starts and what we lost here never can be recovered it does not matters that your IC phono cables cost 10K.

Priorities is a very important subject to take in count.

With those two silver wiring tweaks that tonearm even and outperforms any today high K dollars design . There is no need to change the Technics stock tonearm that is very good design and that permit to use different build material and weigth headshells to match in better way any cartridge needs. With the Technics tonearm you don’t " married " to an always tonearm signature ( for ever. ) as happens always with tonearm fixed headshell designs.

In the other side stay away of any all metal mats. Metal is a developer of resonances and an enemy in some places tghrough the analog rig. Be very carefully about.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.