Technics 1200 MK3D

Does anyone know if the Technics 1200 MK3D is any good as being an audiophile grade turntable?  They seem to be a DJ table. What would you pay if you were to buy one?  Someone is selling two with a mixer. could a mixer sound good and hook up to a tube amp?

toddnlg

Showing 1 response by toddnlg

Thank you for the responses.  In my haste to find out if this was a decent deal, I did not mention my real interest in this set. 

Is there a way to connect two turntables to a single phono stage?   And without loosing sound quality?  I am still running my entry level Audio Technique AT-LP120USB and did pick up a Lenco L75; still in stock form. I have a Decware ZP3 phono feeding into an integrated Primaluna Dialogue Premium. My initial interest was if the mixer would do this. Though, did feel it, probably, was not a good idea. Then, secondary if the turntables were worth the upgrade from the 120?  The set is, definitely a dj set, as it all comes in a carrying suitcase and probably has had lots of play. 

The 120 isn’t bad, especially after adding a VM540ML cart to it. So, the upgrade would need to be worth it. I don’t think these would be enough. 

The Lenco is another story. Probably, for another post. I wanted to hear it stock to know it’s sound. But, I am ready to move it to the next phase. Where to go, not sure???  Thinking of going to a MC or MI cart, with a different plinth, tonearm, cart, etc.