TEAC NT-505 impossible connecting to WiFi router o such LAN: help me please?

Hello mates,
I got my NT-505 3 days ago.
It seems to be working correctly but in my opinion all software in not the same level than the device: too aged & often no relevant documentation or support about.
However my big trouble is the NETWORK interface:  since first time I switched on, the NT-505 remains "for ever"  into NET configuring blinking state until it goes in power stand by.
Summarizing:

1. RJ45 cable is ok - tested in several manners
2. the wifi router (1Gb fiber connection) is ok
3. the wifi router ether ports (4) are ok - I checked a bridged LAN configuration too

Testing the NT-505 Ether port It results:

1. the physical level of protocol seems working correctly just on-way: the interface recognizes correctly the bandwidth (Fast ot Giga in my case) end the packet coming from the router are buffered. No packet sent  to the router.

2. At protocol level no ARP session are involved hence impossible retrieve MAC address and trying to do something.

VERY STUPID ISSUES:

1. Being NET board logically split from MAIN board It's need a separate firmware(!!!): how can I upload the NET firmware if, as stated into documentation, I must use the mobile app and It's impossible connecting the device to such LAN?

2. NO menu interface to configure manually the net parameters.

May someone help me (tricks..., recovery sw,..., low level maintance menu...,...) 

Thank you a lot.

silvio66

Showing 12 responses by silvio66

Yes my router is DHCP on. Trying with external DHCP server the behaviour is the same. The devices does not react to ARP req send by router hence MAC@ end IP@ cannot paired in ARP table. Just to understand: normally after rj45 cable is plugged then NET is set like source should the NT-505 work simply? 
Hello friend,
yes my device is new and performed any kind of firmware upgrade (initially coming with 1.10 rel.)
I understood that I did not explain correctly my issue: my problem is not the FIRMWARE upgrading via usb rear port (already done several times)
My NT-505 DOES NOT establish any connection to LAN  via Ether port (no protocol session starts hence no IP@ is assigned to NT-505 port by the router) 
In this condition the device results unreachable by anythings running over IP protocol (apps included). This means that I'm looking for an alternative method in order to upload the NETWORK fw.

Summarizing:

SYSTEM FirmwareV1.22 -> done (from japan site) and running correctly

NETWORK FirmwareVer11.6c
 ->  not possible because It seems that via app is the only manner to do this.

I have two hypothesis:  shipped without network fw on board or such chip managing the Ether port does not work.

Fasteddie & Djones you could be right. I used for connection a Cat5e cable (1,5m) directly to WiFi router ether port.
All my pc work fine but plugging the NT-505 the 2 leds of TEAC  Ether port remain fixed on green.
I am afraid that i can do nothing to change the lan port setup: I have a simple TELESTRA TECHNICOLOR TG799 with four 1Gbps ports .
Probably the speed causes such problem to NT-505 during its initial DHCPDISCOVER phase.
Ymlee1, my problem is a little bit different.
As I wrote earlier, It's impossible connectig  my NT-505 does to the LAN.
Hence it results unreachable by app o other LAN stuff.

Dear djones, here in Italy COVID-19 is dramatic situation:everybody must remain at home (I since 30 days).
I have a lot of time in order to play into my HiEnd room: I had tried everything :-) remain only to open my NT-505 then...
I'm joking...take this opportunity to thank all of you for supporting and stimulating my English
Hi Kosta, you right! I performed several test using using sniffer, 100Mb adapter and other stuff: the behavior remain the same It does not work.
I verified your detection is correct. No speed negotiation is supported, no broadcast DISCOVERY message in order starting DHCP session, ...
Regardless of the solution this issue is unacceptable  at €1.6K, in my opinion this device represents how this world, by now, is decadent considering that we are in 2020! 
I will appreciate if you keep me updated about.
May you get me the right contact of TEAC support in order to report my experience too?
Thanks, nice day.
Djones, really not.
An moment I do not have a 100Mb switch to use. I connected directly my laptop to NT-505 via a 100Mb usb LAN adapter. Assigned to my pc the DHCP server role I have however no reaction by Teac. Replacing the NT-505 with another PC, all works fine!!! Why? 
I waiting for a new NT-505 that I'll connect to a device like this:
https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/3g-usb-adapter/tl-wr902ac/

After that, in case of no result, I believe changing this scrap with other brand streamer.

Thank you so much Kosta for your valuable feedback. 
Switches? Cables? Hysterical working?
This is an hard challenge because i believe Ether interface platform (physical & logical) has to be redesigned completely.

Keep me informed about TEAC support.

MBR & Stay at home!!

Bad news by me! Following your several suggestion I connected the NT-505 to router via a simple 5 ports 10/100  switch using a cat. 7 cable:  no way. No LAN connection.
Talking with the supplier, I have asked for do not delivery the replacement but I want to change brand: TEAC is proving itself to be unreliable, aged and  unjustifiably expensive (I remember this stub costs about 2.000,00$). The European distributor complains a lot of LAN hw failure and many customers cancelled the purchase moving to other brands.

With my HiEnd system:

Lector- Italy
Scheu Analog - German
Leema - UK
Audiomods - UK
Axiom - Canada

I never and I say never, although these are not incumbent brand, problems about customer relationship and supporting. 

May you suggest a valid alternative? I am thinking of a beautiful ESOTERIC (eheheheh).

Stay safe my friends.

S.

Dear bigfanga,
your words seem just a lit bit offensive: probably you have to pay attention to all thread starting form top.

From my initial request:

"...
since first time I switched on, the NT-505 remains "for ever" into NET configuring blinking state until it goes in power stand by
..."

Continuing (please notice the number 1 means first step after I read the doc!!):
"...
1. Being NET board logically split from MAIN board It's need a separate firmware(!!!): how can I upload the NET firmware if, as stated into documentation, I must use the mobile app and It's impossible connecting the device to such LAN?
..."

In this condition,  what would you have done? 
Hi narnos,
no way, just today I received the new one replaced by supplier.
It works with any router, interfaces (Fast, Gig, ..) even old FW rel. too.
As reported by distributor, there are a lot of devices dead on arrival.
He told me often the Ether card is not connect properly to main board or it's defective.
Now it's working since 8 hours there are no problem!! The sound is great. I suspetting, but I'm not sure, that new stock devices has a different ether card.
However, my suggestion upon my actual experience, If a NT-505 works via trick or workaround is a defective one: ask for repair o replace your
I tested mine with 1 € cable  and USB stick found into my kid Easter egg.

Do not waste time.