TEAC NT-505 - How good is it?

On paper the TEAC NT-505 looks very promising. But first hands experience beats everything.
So I want to ask if any of you has had the opportunity to listen to it?

Right now I am auditioning the CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AZUR 851N NETWORK PLAYER it's good but the scene it set is kind of flat. tonal its very good
martin-andersen

Showing 3 responses by xamastrok

I installed Firmware version 1.30 hoping to make use of the new "TIDAL connect" feature. But it never worked and they then posted an announcement that they made a mistake, they are still working on it :) :(

I haven't played with the new Sound Settings yet.

@goodfellas272 and anyone else here,

have you found any professional reviews for TEAC nt-505 written in the English language?? If yes, can you share the links with me? I am astounded to say that I have found none, only in German, Swedish, Dutch.

I have purchased the device yesterday, I can post my listening impressions in the following days.
Dear all,

I will post my impressions soon, but for now I am still undecided whether to use my new TEAC nt-505 as a preamp as well, replacing my Meridian G02 preamp and feeding Meridiam G57 power amp directly.

I would very much like to do so for simplifying the setup and for a lack of space, but the G02/G57 work well together as a combo and provide extra weight to the sound and a creaminess overall, although midrange and treble are less pronounced compared to the TEAC nt-505/G57 combo. Of course, TEAC's sound as a preamp is not bad at all in any case, and could further evolve/improve after breaking in..

Has TEAC nt-505 replaced your preamp in your setup? Had you done any comparisons before?

I will have to decide by Monday because I have found a buyer for the Meridian G02 preamp.. :)