TEAC NT-505 - How good is it?

On paper the TEAC NT-505 looks very promising. But first hands experience beats everything.
So I want to ask if any of you has had the opportunity to listen to it?

Right now I am auditioning the CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AZUR 851N NETWORK PLAYER it's good but the scene it set is kind of flat. tonal its very good
martin-andersen

Showing 2 responses by o_holter

I ordered the NT-505 in August and received it two weeks ago, after an extra corona wait I was told. No problems so far. Ethernet playback of my high res files, usb playback (flash drive, also from a hard disk, usb-conneced), and streaming from Tidal - it all works fine. Lumin app also, after getting to know it. I had an Ipad laying around, and controlling the Teac from the Ipad is an unexpected bonus. Sound quality: it is certainly a big step up from my former Squeezebox solution, as it should be. Does it rival my analog rig? No. Or at least, not yet (it may need more burn-in). Today, I noted that it does sound better bypassing the volume control ("fixed 0db", rather than "variable"). More assertive, direct, less ’polite’. My vinyl rips (DSD files) sound closer to the original LPs.

My Teac NT-505 now sounds fine, after more break-in, and runs without problems. I wonder, has anyone compared it to the newest version, NT-505 X? I am testing with three Cerapucs that I had laying around, to simulate the new 3 point floating feet arrangement under the X.