Tascam DV-RA1000HD Hi-Resolution Recorder

anyone have one ? How's the A/D ? Thinking about using it for needle drops (24/192) from the phono-pre outs. Opinions/Recommendations appreciated. TIA
128x128rockitman
These look like a good one box solution. I thought about getting into doing this myself a while ago; I looked at these and then decided on the advice of some more advanced digital recordists that the Metric Halo with a computer would be more accurate; it probably is but I ran into sensory overload just thinking about what would be involved; its not as easy as some would have you believe.
We use the Tascam and Korg MR2000s units all the time. The advantage that the Tascam has over the Korg is that you can use outboard converters (ie. Grimm, Meitner) if you don't like the sound of the onboard converters.
The advantage that the Korg has over the Tascam is that it can do DSD128fs.
They both shine at DSD rates... They are the best recorders we've heard under 10k.. and yes, we've used the MH units.
crna39 I have the Korg MR-2 portable recorder. I am not crazy about it, unless I don't know how to use it in the right manner. Have you heard this and do you think maybe the 2000.00 sony recorder is better.