Tandberg TCD 3014 problem with playing

Hi ,

I have problem with my TCD 3014 which I bought a few month ago. It had played normally until two days ago, when appeared malfunction. After rewinding a tape to the beginning the deck was blocked at position Release and from that time doesn’t response. If I turn the deck on the diode Release keep lighting and the display shows only bars without digits. I can’t switch the deck on to Play position and it impossible to listen music. Seller assured me early thet the deck was serviced in Tandberg Zentral Europe in Germany and everything was ok. Whether anyone met similar problem and would helps me?

derrik
If the unit was serviced by Tandberg, it would have been many years ago. The company hasn’t serviced or supported any of its tape decks in eons.

If you are in the US, the best Tandberg service is from Soundsmith, hands down.
the 3014 and the 3014a are known for their transport faults. Which have to be handled by a knowledgeable technician. A technician who knows the specific fault.

Not always expensive but a repeating and common issue. Like a clock ticking, it will get there. All of them do. Usually at least a few times in their given lifespan -- the same problem or issue comes up, like changing tires or brakes on a car.

The rest of what it is -- is fabulous. One of the best, if not THE best. Consider it a trade off.