Synergistic Research Master Fuse £565

Only saw this yesterday that Synergistic Research make a Master Fuse that costs £565. That's a heck of a lot of money for a fuse, and I am sure there are those that can afford them will purchase without hesitation.

128x128alan60

I can understand that a better quality metal in the fuse would make a difference but what I don’t understand is the prices.  Especially when a surge or if it’s in a tube preamp or amp that has a tube go bad and blow the fuse you’re out some real money.  I have tried a couple cheaper ones and they do make a difference but still. That price is crazy!  I would pay $10 or $20 but come on!

I agree with harpo75. With a 20€ fuse, you can improve your system. That is the case with my cd player. One have blowed up with my amplifier, so I was not so upset.

I get the point; the price does seem high for what it is. But, if you can forget the price, it is amazing how much better the rig sounds with a Master fuse in my Lumin X1 and purples in the rest of my system.

ozzy

Was looking at buying an SR Master fuse next month, but I was offered a used pair of Sound Anchors speaker stands yesterday. 

Will still get a Master fuse, but perhaps the end of May.