Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
tbg:
I am glad you are enjoying the SR Black fuses in your already wonderfully performing system. I hope you will be able to give the SR Black A/C outlets a try in your system.

I am finding a very good synergy with using the Black fuse with the Black outlet.

Will you be able to attend Newport Beach this year?

David Pritchard

tbg ...

Too old for vinyl? When does that happen?  :-)

Newport is almost here.  Looking forward to meeting some of you folks. 

OP
OP & C1D & David

i do appreciate you all share your experience here.
I would like to give you a update due to my last change to the black fuse. Today we changed the fuses in the active bass-amps. Expensive experience, since there are 5 in each amp. :-)
After that change the picture became what oregonpapa experienced, huge, colorfull and so on. The audience when you listend to Music registered live, is huge. Handclaps are real which is a hard thing to do.But the the presentation of the space is woooow.
Never heard before.The Direction of the Fuse is against the Writing. It sounds like out of Phase otherwise and not focused. Did someone already tried out SR power cords made which are using the same technology then the fuses? 

Enjoy your Music. 

GC

goldencutt:

Congratulations on your sonic improvement. Your system sounds like it has achieved the level so many desire and yet so few obtain.

Ordering ten fuses and then taking the time to orientate the fuses takes courage and dedication that many lack.

I hope you will try the Synergistic Research Black outlets in your system. They do use the same technology as the fuses. And like the fuses, they need 100 to 200 hours to fully settle in.

David Pritchard

Hi goldencutt,
Congratulations on your very gratifying outcome with the Black fuses. 
Charles,