Synergistic element copper good for power amp?

I am looking for a pair of cable for my monoblocks.  Are the Synergistic research Element Copper good for that application?  I think usually people recommend a thicker cable for high current equipment like power amps, and the Element Copper doesn’t seem to be design for that purpose.  Does anyone use the Element Copper on power amps can comment on your experience?

gte357s

Showing 5 responses by gte357s

I think not in the Element series.  There are three models in the Element series, Copper, Tungsten, and CTS Copper-Tungsten-Silver.  No equivalent gauge specified for all three.  

Thanks for the suggestion. I am mainly interested in SR power cords based on my experience. I collected a couple over the years and they gave me good results. I am looking for something to improve the soundstage over the PS Audio statement I am using. I bought one Harmonic Tech Fantasy III AC-10 that I haven’t received yet. I need to test it on my other equipment, and I need to buy one more if I want to use it on my monoblocks.

I am also considering a pair of Coincident Statement power cord, I would like to get some feedback if anyone has experience with it.

@coralkong there are three version of the Element: Copper, Tungsten and CTS.  Which version are you using?  The CTS is the top of the line which no doubt can handle the high current, but it is out of my budget.  I am considering the Element Copper.

Just to give an update.  I bought the Element copper, but unfortunately, it is not a good match on my monoblocks in my system.  However, they works well on my CD, streamer and DAC.  I will keep using my PS audio AC12 for now.  The next I want to try is something similar to the AudioQuest Thunder.