Swiss Precision/ The story of Thorens TD 124

I just finished reading this book and I am really amazed by the quality of the journalistic and technical overview of this turntable and all of the other "foreign rivals", Lenco, Garrard, Connoisseur, Rek-O-Kut, Empire, EMT,... and so valuable information about restoration and maintenance of vintage turntables that IMHO it is a very recommended reading for all of us turntable lovers.
Of course it has to be taken with a grain of salt because it is written by and for devoted passionates, but it is still the first book I know that is so well done about turntables. If you read it, your comments are welcome...
Jean.
jloveys

Showing 2 responses by jensmunk

The authors name is Jachim Bung and he can be reached at info@redaktionsbuero-bung.de. The price is 81 Euro's, which includes shipping to the US.

The book was reviewed in stereophile.

http://stereophile.com/reference/408swiss/
I just ordered two copies of this book, one for myself and one for my father who still has his TD 124 purchased in 1966 (with an Ortofon tonearm).

Based on the reviews, and having perused several pages of the book online, it looks very interesting - I can't wait to read it!

FYI - I ordered directly from the author, which I believe may be the only way to get a copy.