svs sb 2000 pro review

I have to admit that it is only slightly inferior in capabilities to the more expensive SB-3000, i.e. a model belonging to a higher series. The domain of the tested subwoofer is impressive power in the bass range, thanks to which all low noises - sounds from movies are always reproduced effectively and, above all

paulherry

I added one of these to my chain earlier this year and I'm just amazed how well it fills the lower end of the sound stage.  I use it to supplement my Celestion Ditton 66 Studio Monitors driven by a McIntosh MC500.

My rig is in my living room and from my listening position, I can't tell there's a sub in the chain.  I can turn the sub down (500 watts) or change its crossover point with the app on my phone and you definitely know its there when it's not (turned down) but its location is not apparent.  

From my listening position I don't hear that 'hollow box' with a 'boom' sound like I have on earlier systems with cheaper subs.  Strangely, when I go into my kitchen which is attached to my living room, the sub stands out like a sore thumb on some tracks.  I like my bass and my volume but I see the importance of placement.  My sub hides under an end table and points away from the listening area.

Thanks for posting the review.

This past summer I picked up a pair of very lightly used SB2000 pro’s. I am very happy with them. I thought they were very easy to dial in.