SVS SB-2000 Pro/3000 vs. REL T/7x

Helping a friend put together a system.  A salesman of very reputable HiFi purveyor is suggesting the REL: 6db down at 31Hz @ $1099.  The SVS is 3db down at 19Hz at $799.  Both sealed.  SVS more than doubles REL's amp.  For less than REL's money could even bump up to the SB-3000.  What does the REL have that the SVS doesn't and vice versa?  I've looked through previous SVS/REL posts and I don't really see any compelling arguments for REL at this level, especially with DSP helping any single-sub placement these days.  Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsumadoggie

Showing 1 response by doyle3433

Love my PB 2000 pro. Have a couple pre-sets, one for jazz the other for rock. For my purposes it performs flawlessly and folds into my overall system quite nicely. The ability to tune it on the fly from the comfort of my chair depending on my mood is great. I've never heard the REL, but hear great things. I can only compare to subs of my past, Velodyne, EV (homemade) and Monitor. 
I know I say this often, but i pine for the days when I could go to a couple shops and let my ears be the judge. Specs and all are great and give clues, but paint an incomplete picture.