SVS PB12-NSD Review

SVS PB12-NSD

This subwoofer was first introduced in 2012 and is no longer made by SVS. So it is certainly no longer the youngest member of SVS, but in the audio world that does not always have to matter. After all, there are also  plenty of people who swear by vintage equipment. You can also still find the PB12-NSD, at attractive prices, for example around Black Friday. I paid 700 euros for it myself. 

what is NSD? 

paulherry

Note- I had one of these older NSD subwoofers. It stopped working after more than a few years and I contacted SVS about fixing it. They stated they would not fix it because it was an older model. I am not sure if it was because it was DC’d or not.

BTW I live in Ohio... where they were making the sub. So I offered to bring it to them in my SUV and pick it up to avoid any shipping if they would fix it. They stated it was not an option. I ended up selling it in a garage sale because I did not have time to turn it into a DIY project.

SVS wanted me to but a new sub from them. Nope.

You could always contact SVS and ask them if they have drivers comparable available or any older stock. The company is much, much bigger now. It's possible they have changed policy on this.