Suspended cables

Hi folks,

Still a bit of a newbie here.

I have gained an understanding of the reasoning behind keeping speaker cables off the floor.

So ...,

Each of my mains have a 1.5 meter cable connected to it’s own monoblock. The monoblocks sit 26" above the floor and nearly level with the speaker terminals. Speaker to monoblock distance allow the cables to be suspended completely from the floor in a loosely hanging arc (about 8" above the floor).

Is this better than using cable risers? 
Are there any reasons not to do this? Stress on connectors? Bad for cables?

Thanks all!

hleeid

Showing 4 responses by 1971gto455ho

That's it ...Kids birthday party, rubbed a balloon on little johnny's sweater it stuck !! And now kid answers to little Susie !! Put moms high heels on 
Bam...Here's Johnny.....

Cheers
-1969 we put man on the moon
-1989 first B-2 stealth bomber flight
-M.R.I, CT scan, Ultrasound, and now "wire risers"
Why not some believe one size fits all...
Definition of ignorance..Lack of knowledge or information.
If our ignorance is infinite the only possible course of action is to muddle through and/or waste your money on pseudoscience.
On behalf of the newbie, note the date of his inquiry perhaps a little acknowledgement and dialogue respectfully wouldn't be out of hand. As for those with little interest, stop at the header text... Scan and read selectively. Move on, go away.

Cheers
Auditory hallucinations
-Drugs,sleep deprivation,migraines,mental illness can often trigger the illusion of sounds that are not there. We're OK on that front,and have a well appointed acoustically prepped sound area. Now fitted with personal audio equipment approaching 100 K...If there was a mechanic in the can we've tried it.Knowing people in the recording industry did help beat down a few snake oil theories.If it sounds silly...it is, if there's no science that's the red flag. It's an incredible hobby and with due diligence richly rewarding.