Suggestions please!! --Need to replace vintage Audio Research VT 200 Tube Power Amp

I have a nearly 25 year old ARC VT200 amp, which just arc'd out on me for the 3rd time in 18 months, and I have decided I cannot sink any more money or aggravation into this amp. I purchased it used about 7 years ago, and it had just been re-tubed, and it ran problem free for me for over 5 years. Then without warning it arc'd out, resulting in a replacement of all tubes, capacitors, etc.  10 months later, the same thing happened again.  I nearly bailed on it then, but the repair shop assured me that they could "really fix it" this time, blaming the repeat issue on the need to replace all of the tube sockets and repair some thinning wiring, and they assured me it would be "like new" and should run problem free for years to come.  It's been 9 months, and it's been running fine with relatively light use (probably 300 hours since the repair) and last night the fireworks happened again. Needless to say, I've now reached the end of the road with this amp. 
So my questions are these--as much as I loved the amp (when it was working!) a comparable new ARC tube amp (which appears to be in the $15k+ range) is out of my price range. The VT 200 is currently paired with an ARC Reference 2 preamp and a tube ARC phono stage from the same era, which are working fine, and they are driving a massive pair of ProAc Response Four speakers. I listen almost exclusively to vinyl on a VPI turntable. Does anyone have a suggestion for a new power amp for under $10K (after this experience I am reluctant to go the used route)? Also, would it be OK to pair a solid state amp with these tube components, and if so, any recommendations?  Thanks!!
karmicg
I agree with BIF above—here's an idea along the SS lines: Benchmark amps.I heard two of them (i.e. in monoblock mode) driving ProAc 4s very well indeed. We were listening to orchestral works that are very demanding—no detectable strain from the amps.
The new Bob Carver tube amps might be worth considering, OR, Underwood HiFi is close to releasing their Voyager GaN amp: 100 wpc @ 8ohms
I can't thank you all enough for taking the time out to send me your advice. Looks like I have many leads to follow up on, and I'm sure I will find a great solution.  Part of me would love to rebuild the VT200, it really is a special amp and pairs up nicely with the ProAcs, and that's what drove me to do the last round of repairs, when I had already sank almost $3K on the first repair.  The guy who did the repair is the only shop in NYC that AR recommends, so he knows the gear very well, but there's clearly something that's failing in the electronics that he's failed twice to identify, so it may just be that its time has come!  Plus the damn thing weighs like 100 pounds so I've needed to get help every time I've had to move it.  So I guess it's time to move on, and hopefully it will find a new home with someone who will be able to bring it back to life!
Thanks again and will follow the leads you all have generously provided to me, and I'll let you know how it works out.  Be safe everyone!
Aesthetix! Tube front end SS driving the load - pairs very well with ARC front end, made in USA, Jim White is a real engineer with ears, try to buy the signature version.
Music Reference, VTL, Quicksilver, Rogue Apollo... you have a lot of quality tube amp choices