suggestions on musical score.

I am not very knowledgeable about classical music.I would like to go to hear a classical symphony orchestra in the tri state area of CT. MASS. And NY. But what I am looking for Is a musical score that the crescendo works up to a slamming bass wave so, I can feel the experience of a large orchestra. Could you please make suggestions on musical score.
hemihorn
Unless you're comfortable reading music and willing to devote a lot of time to reading musical scores, I suggest you choose a concert by a first-class orchestra -- Lord knows we have several between Boston and Philadelphia -- and just go with an open mind and an open heart. You won't be disappointed. -- Bill
I think you will find what you are looking for in a live performance of a Mahler Symphony, perhaps the 5th, 6th, or 1st. If you are not familar with his music, buy or borrow a CD first (a good idea anyway) before you spend the big bucks to go to a live performance of music you may neither understand nor enjoy if you are not into classical music yet.
I sat center stage, third row and had the great pleasure of hearing Michael Tilson Thomas & the New World Symphony Orchestra play Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring." That, my friends, was a dynamic bass slam fest. Another great performance demonstrating what you want to hear is Hovhaness' Symphony #50 "Mount St. Helens." When it musically erupts, you will be left breathless. The Mahler symphonies mentioned would be good. Another personal favorite with great musical climaxes is Berlioz's "Symphonie Fantastique."