Suggestions for Giant Killer rca coax digital cable under $500 used

If anyone can give some advise on nice cable to go from Auralic G2 streamer to Pontus. Audio Hungary a50i to Joseph Audio Pulsar, Reference 3a towers. Using Acoustic Zen Silver ref 2 between dac and amp, Audience au24 se, TG Audio silver speaker wire.

Currently using a JPS Labs superconductors 2, 75 ohm coax. Any help would be appreciated.

I just put together this all streaming system ( new to streaming) a year or so ago and wondering if the JPS Labs may be holding something back. 

paulcreed

Showing 4 responses by soix

I just upgraded to an AZ MC2 and couldn’t be happier.  I also use 2 pairs of AZ Silver Refs and Satori Shotgun Bi-wire cables BTW, and IME there’s a lot of synergy between them all.  Read the glowing reviews of the MC2 because they are not wrong.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649210067-acoustic-zen-mc2-digital-cable/

This is a digital signal so don't worry about silver in the mix.

I think @carlsbad2 might be onto something here.  When I substituted the MC2 for my budget but decent Apogee Wyde Eye the thought of it being silver never even entered my thoughts as the significant improvements across the board were what completely dominated.  If anything the sound just became more balanced and natural along with all the other awesomeness.  If you buy one used, and they do come up from time to time (that’s how I bought mine), you can try one for little risk that I think would be well worth trying.  Just my thoughts/experience FWIW.

I can just tell you what I heard, and I’m so happy with the results I care not about what Ohm my cable runs at as my ears are the final arbiter, and the reviews profoundly echo my findings.  Like I said, buy used and you can try it yourself with little/no risk, but I know my MC2 ain’t going anywhere anytime soon. 

Sorry, can’t answer that unless they were just catering to your concerns about the 75 Ohm issue.  Frankly, if AZ designed a 110 Ohm cable for an AES/EBU connection and stapled RCAs on it where they’re not true 75 Ohm I’m a bit miffed and disappointed at that (I actually emailed them on this but never heard back), but again I’ll take a great sounding 55 Ohm cable over an inferior 75 Ohm cable any day and I’m thrilled despite what the numbers may say.  Like I said, my experience completely jibes with what I read in the consistently glowing reviews, so that’s pretty solid evidence IMHO.  Numbers are important, but they aren’t everything or we’d be able to assemble our systems from a spec sheet, right?