Suggestions for Giant Killer rca coax digital cable under $500 used

If anyone can give some advise on nice cable to go from Auralic G2 streamer to Pontus. Audio Hungary a50i to Joseph Audio Pulsar, Reference 3a towers. Using Acoustic Zen Silver ref 2 between dac and amp, Audience au24 se, TG Audio silver speaker wire.

Currently using a JPS Labs superconductors 2, 75 ohm coax. Any help would be appreciated.

I just put together this all streaming system ( new to streaming) a year or so ago and wondering if the JPS Labs may be holding something back. 

paulcreed

Showing 5 responses by paulcreed

Thank you both for advice. I did consider the AZ mc2 but was a little concerned with more silver in the mix. Sometimes the AZ silver ref 2 can come across a slight bit tipped up on some recordings. I will switch out to some copper interconnects which can come across a little more natural but I do miss the detail sometimes. So I end up alternating between copper and AZ.

I have to admit I know nothing about AES/EBU cables but am open to looking into it. Not sure we’re to start.

I called Acoustic Zen they said The mc2 in rca is about 55 ohm’s and recommended the AZ Absolute, true 75 ohm rca. I’m not very knowledgeable with digital,

I know my JPS superconductors 2’s are true 75ohm but have no idea how that equates to sound quality vs the AZ mc2’s 55 ohm. The JPS are old I’ve had them forever maybe 20 years and have no clue how they have stood up with the test of time.

Is lower the ohm make a cable sound lean. 

I’m same way I care less about ohm’s just if it sounds good. Why would AZ prefer the absolute over the mc2. I’ve heard nothing but good things about mc2. Mc2 is only cable I considered or knew about before this post.

Honestly I never called with any concerns with ohm’s and never brought it up. I only asked which is better cable the mc2 or Absolute and he told me how balanced mc2 has higher ohm’s and rca has lower and Absolute is 75 ohm’s. He then recommended the Absolute.

I hope I have all my facts straight but that was my understanding. I don’t want to cause any conflict with AZ owner he seems like a very nice guy. 

charyro, new dac would be nice but would like to try a cable first.

Does spdif not have as big of an if impact as your typical interconnect?

What do most people use USB or balanced or other? I listen to mostly records so not even sure if spdif is way to go.

I was just hoping a better cable would give more information retrieval without being a tone control. Not looking to change voice of my system.

I just thought technology in digital cables had progressed in the 20 plus years over my JPS. JPS is all I’ve ever owned, I did try a friends $200 usb.