Suggestions for Amp & Preamp or Integrated for my speakers

I have:
Vandersteen 2Ce Signature ii speakers;
a 1980s Yamaha PF 800 turntable; My room is 17 x 13 x 7;
$2000 to spend.
I am thinking about buying an Amp and Preamp. However for $2000 I might just get a good integrated amp. I’m still deciding on a separate DAC or not. That’s for another day.

So here is what I am looking for, suggestions for an Amp & Preamp combination or Integrated Amp, depending on what you like and think is best components for $2000 with my speakers.

I’m interested in opinions.
rkujan
@rkujan

You are seriously overestimating how much you need to spend. Your speakers were $2000, no need to spend $2500 just to play them.

The Cambridge Audio DAC is more than enough for your setup, it’s very hard to hear any appreciable benefits above that, any noise or harmonics are gonna be at least like 80dB below the signal, so pretty much inaudible in any residential environment.

Stereophile’s John Atkinson stated the Outlaw had a superb phono state, so no reason to spend more than that either.

Spend the extra money on room treatment. $500 in room treatment and $2000 components will sound better than $0 in room treatment and $250,000 components.  

Mute your money, just trying to help you more wisely spend it. Like I see people who have $5000 turntables but their amps and speakers combined don’t even reach that, a lot of audiophiles simply don’t allocate their budgets to favor where it matters most, the actual speakers and the room, as they are by far the largest contributors to the sound.
I am using a Mccormak. DNA .5 with a Mcintosh C27 for my 2CE Sigs II and it sounds amazing. The preamp/ amp combo cost me 1500 bucks. i am sure you can find a good combination for that kind of money..
Digital Amplifier Company (DAC) Stereo Maraschino Integrated (STM)! For about half your budget you can have a stellar sounding integrated amp. Amazing detail with meat on the bones tone to boot.

https://www.cherryamp.com/stereo-maraschino-stm
Post removed