Suggestions for a digital cable.

My only experience with digital cables are the ones I own, which I like and most likely will stick with. I have the Illuminations D60 from streamer to DDC and the Orchid XLR from CD transport to DDC. I am in the process of evaluating adding a Mini DSP SHD Studio to the system which will go between the Digital sources and the DDC/DAC combo. I have the choice of SPDIF or AESEBU. I am leaning toward another D 60 here. (Far less money than another ORCHID) and willing to look at used connectors for $400 or less. Anything I should look into that would equal to or better than the D 60 for the price? I have a lot of History the the two I have. Thank you! If this matters as well my analogue cabling is Wireworld Eclipse 8 through out and Silversmith Fidelous speaker cabling.  

128x128fthompson251

Showing 5 responses by fthompson251

@soix   Any reason for the 1.5 Meter vs shorter ones? And thank you for the suggestion, I'm aware of this cable but was skeptical vs the D60. It's been around for many years.

Thank you everyone, today I was able to locate a Wireworld Micro Platinum Eclipse 8 XLR digital cable on the used market. I think this will be a good choice as I have and trust Wireworld products, which I have owned for over 20 years.

@soix   I will, my pre-amp is currently at VAC and the upgrade was completed this week. It's in the testing stage and then will ship.  I need to get it back, buy the Mini DSP SHD Studio and get it hooked up. May be a bit, but I will come back here to review them. I don't really have a reference point though with the addition of another piece in the puzzle. I expect it will be a quality cable nonetheless.