Subwoofer for music only ?

I'm looking to install a subwoofer in my bedroom system, The room size is 13' x 13'. I'm looking at the SVS 1000 Pro, the REL 1205 or the Golden Ear Forcefield 3. or I can use one of these in my HT set-up and move my SVS 2000 into my 2 channel stereo set up. My bedroom set-up consist of a Micro Mega M-100 with AE-509's, just looking to add a little low-end. Any thoughts on which may be a good match?

rbull11

Showing 2 responses by deep_333

@mceljo Perceptively, a single sub is localizable even at 80 hz. Typically, you won't localize anything up to 120ish hz with 2 subs on the front stage. You may not localize anything with 4 subs probably even up to 150ish hz( 2 on front stage, 2 along side walls, etc depending on room layout).... Perceptively (you may need to experiment with it)...the more the number of subs, the higher up in crossover you could 'get away' with.....

13 by 13 is a small room... After the king size bed, dresser and tv go in, you may barely have room for a microsub such as the KEF KC62. However, It is a more technologically advanced sub that’s better for small room music than your subs listed above (will integrate better, more extension, etc). It is twice the price, of course.

A subwoofer that can’t get down below 20hz is not a subwoofer, just a woofer. Higher standards is key!