Sub-woofer/ Source for MAgnepan MG 1.6s

I just bought myself MG 1.6 QRs which I drive using Plinius 8150. To complete my setup, I am looking for a sub woofer to complement the 1.6s. I dont want to spend too much and reasonable price is a criteria.

Also I want recommendations for a reasonably priced entry level LP Player and a CD Player preferably one that plays DVD-Audio/ SACD.

Please help with recommendations.

thx.
snaudio
As a Maggie owner myslelf (3.5s and 20.1s) I tend to agree with Philjolet. I rarely hear my sub kick-in because the Maggies handle bass so well without it. To some extent it depends on what kind of music you like. If you like loud rock and bass slam then perhaps a sub is in order.
I think it depends on the amp running the Maggies, that determines how much, and the quality of your bass response. Almost, or some would say more, important, is the room and the speaker placement in that room.

I always have used a sub with mine. The new REL T-series subs are great, very fast and musical, and reasonably priced.

Pro-Ject Debut III, LP player, Oppo Digital 980H multidisc.

my recommendations, good luck.
Thank you all.

Very Helpful.

I listen to Rock mostly. The maggies are with a custom external xovers which give it enhanced high frequencies and this make the bass sound a bit flat. Like most of your recommendations - it maybe just an issue of getting used to.

Please also let me know source - entry level LP player and a CD/SACD/ DVD-Audio player.

thx.
what wire are you using? Your 8150 is a nice amp and should compliment the 1.6 nicely. I do not mean to be pushy, it is just that when I had 1.6s I tried several amps and never felt like the bass was missing anything.

Of course I like a simple set up to begin with so I am biased.
Greetings,
There is nothing wrong in desiring a sub to compliment your speakers. A decent sub can put out bass that most speakers can't touch and will definately give you more enjoyment when playing rock. No need to try and get used to flat sounding bass. Some other subs to look into are ones from Hsu and SVS. A more recent company called Epik, has a line of subs getting great reviews over at AVSforum.com, where you will find a forum devoted to subwoofers. As far as a universal player is concerned, look into the Oppo 980. it plays everything you want and costs around $200 dollars.