Sub making electrical noises when connected to a Power conditioner

Hello,

I connected my sub to a power conditioner ( MPC 1500 by McIntosh ).  The sub starts running hot with electrical noises from its amp on the back of it . ( no noise from the cone ).  I noticed when there is no sound and literally when sub is powered on.

question: what does the conditioner do to the sub amp? I’m not even using by playing a track or anything -  simply when turned on this starts happening . What does a conditioner do to power that causes the amp in sub to over heat even when not in use ?

since then I connected it directly to the wall and no heat or electrical noises .

128x128joshziggie2021

The furman 20 i have 80 amp or so reserve for amps.must have some caps in them. I would plug directly in wall but power spikes at least 2x a wk.so the furmans have kept amps safe.usually analog separated from digital on power banks on filters so they don't cross contaminate each other.happy hunting.hopefully the hum is not coming from rca cabel.the xlr can cut some ground loops out.

Fwiw I have two big 16 inch active subs.  They are, by far, happiest plugged into just a nice Furman surge protector and each with their own circuit.  It’s just too much power sometimes.

You solved your problem by plugging your sub directly into the wall and bypassing the conditioner. My guess is that your amp(s) is/are plugged into the conditioner as well. Most listeners are against running their amps through the conditioner. I would try plugging the amp into one wall outlet, the sub into another if possible.