Streamers under $1500

Any good streamers advice? I currently use Sonos Connect modded by Wyred4Sound. I am looking for better sound quality and good software like Sonos.

I was looking at the PS Audio Airlense when it was on sale, has anyone heard this one?

romad

Showing 2 responses by rcm1203

Cambridge Audio streamers use their own proprietary interface called Stream Magic that is very easy to use. Links up to smartphones and tablets and comes preloaded with Qobuz, Tidal, and the others. They look great, have excellent sound, and most will accept external drives and also link up to any other digital sources already on your system. I use the CXNV2 and have been very satisfied with it. It was recently updated with their newer CXN100 that runs $1099 msrp. 

mahler123  

Cambridge streamers don't get much love on this forum for some reason even though they are highly rated. While the newer CXN100 has an upgraded  DAC, a recent review on What HI-FI stated that they preferred the warmer sound of it's predecessor, the CXNV2. I considered upgrading to the 100, but I really have no complaints with my V2 that would compel me to do so.