Streamer/CD ripper

I’m looking to upgrade my 25 year old digital front end ( Rotel CD player) to a streamer/CD ripper. How long does it take to rip a full length CD, and how does the sound quality compare playing the file on a streamer versus playing the CD on a CD player?

klarinet

+1 Innuos.

Free Sense app sounds better than Roon and its free.  Use the money saved for Qobuz.  Sense directly integrates with Qobuz, so no Qobuz app needed.

My ripped files sounded better than from CD so I sold the player and put the CD's in storage.

Rip in WAVE not FLAC.

Listen in Off-Line mode.

Qobuz Hi-Rez can sound as good or better than ripped CD's.

A cd is not as accurate for it is rotating and harder for the laser to read 

and error correction is used as needed. Good digital cost 💲 monies at least $2k bare minimum. Just for decent Ethernet, fiber optic and or usb cables ,plus 

a good Ethernet hub like the uptone audio ether regen , a very good value for under $650. Good cables can cost well over$1k each then you still have to buy 

a Good dac,streamer  . What is the total budget $5-$10-15 k ?

Probably a silly question,but after ripping my several hundred cds into my Bluesound Vault2,in Flac,how can I convert them to WAVE? My current "system" is the Bluesound Vault2,wifi connected and played through optical connection to Ruark MR1 MK2 speakers.I don't subscribe/pay any hi res platforms.Even though I find the music really good,I am annoyed about the poor Metada-I have numerous boxsets ripped which are track 11111,track 2222 etc,plus lots of unidentifed cds/artists.I find all your posts great,but I'm in the hundreds of (Australian) dollars budget,rather than the thousands

@tony, conversion from flac to wav can be done using your computer and, for example, Foobar2000 (free) or JRiver Media Center software (there is other software available). However, as flac is a compressed (but lossless) audio codec, it could have been more favorable to rip directly from cd (from the original source) to wav. But, would it be audible to you?

I did some testing transferring flac to wave and from cd to wav using JRiver. With my setup; I could not hear any difference between these 2 formats. They are both lossless.

Be aware, that metadata is not as 'good' with wave compared to flac. Flac has a better tagging .If you use Foobar2000, you can convert FLAC to WAV without losing metadata or album art, it uses ID3v2.3 (RIFF ID3v2.3).

Cheers, eagledriver

They sound different! A ripped cd can sound amazing depending on your system. I agree with some posters advocating a separate ripper via a computer with dbamp. A nas and separate streamer can make or break the end result! With that said, I don’t thing a ripper streamer dac combo is the way to go. Do your homework and enjoy the performance and flexibility of a separate streamer and dac. Consider fiber cable in the mix and you’ll be very happy. Good luck.