Stereophile review of the $30,000 tekton speakers

We have had many discussions/arguments over tekton speakers in the past, mainly involving a couple posters who thought their $4000 tektons sounded better than the highest price Wilson’s and other high budget speakers.

In the latest Stereophile magazine, they did a review of the $30,000 tekton’s. In this Steteophile issue, they rate these $30,000 tekton’s as class B. When you look at the other speakers that are in the class B section, you will notice most of these speakers range in price from $5000-$8000. So it looks like you have to spend $30,000 on a pair of tekton’s to equal a pair of $5000 Klipsch Forte IV’s sound quality. 
If I compare these $30,000 class B tekton’s, to some of the class A speakers, there are some class A speakers for 1/2 the price (Dutch & Dutch 8C, Goldenear triton reference), or other class A speakers that are cheaper (Magico A5, Kef blade 2).

p05129

Wow if this is true regarding Tekton threatening legal action about a bad review well that just is low. Tekton is off my to hear list at Axpona. 

I read about this earlier in the week on ASR in the following thread

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/legal-fund-for-reviewers-erin.53577/

which is discussing creating a legal fund for the reviewer; very sad...

I don’t care about measurements, nor do I care about reviewers opinions, I use my ears. I do look at specs from the vendor and it’s me that determines if theirs synergy amongst the pieces. 
I’m glad that these 4 guys came out with this YouTube video. I also looked at the positive reviews of these speakers that were talked about and the positive reviews did not have the feet installed, but the negative reviews were in question because there were no feet installed. You don’t get it both ways.

I have seen prior rebuttals from vendors that disagreed with some of these reviewers but they came back with valid reasons why it measured the way it did. Then the customer can decide who they will side with. I never heard of a manufacturer threatening a reviewer. All reviewers must have an umbrella insurance package to make sure they won’t go under from these frivolous threats.

I suggest the moderators pull this tread off before it gets really out of hand not that it hasnt already..We have seen the owner of Tekton in the past threaten users on this site ( an open forum mind you) with legal actions so no surprise .Hes interjecting on this tread now so whats to come?.Really bad business practices but  when an audio company states they out perform speakers 10 times their value and thats what Tekton did they should expect blow back from audiophiles,just my opinion.

Post removed