Stereophile review of the $30,000 tekton speakers

We have had many discussions/arguments over tekton speakers in the past, mainly involving a couple posters who thought their $4000 tektons sounded better than the highest price Wilson’s and other high budget speakers.

In the latest Stereophile magazine, they did a review of the $30,000 tekton’s. In this Steteophile issue, they rate these $30,000 tekton’s as class B. When you look at the other speakers that are in the class B section, you will notice most of these speakers range in price from $5000-$8000. So it looks like you have to spend $30,000 on a pair of tekton’s to equal a pair of $5000 Klipsch Forte IV’s sound quality. 
If I compare these $30,000 class B tekton’s, to some of the class A speakers, there are some class A speakers for 1/2 the price (Dutch & Dutch 8C, Goldenear triton reference), or other class A speakers that are cheaper (Magico A5, Kef blade 2).

p05129

Showing 4 responses by newfzx7

I don't understand how some can offended by Tekton building $30,000 speakers.

A lot of companies make speakers that span a large price range. Take B&W for instance, they sell the $100,000 Nautilus right down to $800 600 series.

As for people expressing the love for Tekton, for them maybe the do sound better than some high dollar speakers. As ozzy62 said above, this is a subjective hobby.

I for one can't warm up to Harbeth speakers, but they do have a loyal following. Yet I don't take to forums and bash the company. 

I think people should put themselves in his place.

You wake up one morning and see a video about something that you created and it has what you believe to be false information. Okay, you're not happy about it and contact the video maker. Maybe that doesn't go the way you like either. Next you go to a popular forum that deals with your craft and discover that a few posters have managed to rile up what amounts to an online lynch mob, with some posters dropping snide remarks in every post they can. Most of of these people don't even have first hand experience with your product. They are attacking you and your family's livelihood, plus that of your employees and their families.

How would you feel? Are you getting angry yet? 

This must have rolled into one big snowball of stress for the guy and i believe people need to cut him some slack.

@grislybutter So you are saying the using the justice system to correct something that has wronged you is akin to shooting someone? This is the sort of fantastical talk that gets the lynch mob going as I mentioned in my previous post. 

@grislybutter  were you privy to all the interactions between Eric and Erin?

You speak as though you were. If you have all the facts then good, but please don't pretend to be all knowing on the subject if you don't. 

My original post was meant to show to the consequences to others by bashing and spreading information which may not be accurate.