Stereophile review of the $30,000 tekton speakers

We have had many discussions/arguments over tekton speakers in the past, mainly involving a couple posters who thought their $4000 tektons sounded better than the highest price Wilson’s and other high budget speakers.

In the latest Stereophile magazine, they did a review of the $30,000 tekton’s. In this Steteophile issue, they rate these $30,000 tekton’s as class B. When you look at the other speakers that are in the class B section, you will notice most of these speakers range in price from $5000-$8000. So it looks like you have to spend $30,000 on a pair of tekton’s to equal a pair of $5000 Klipsch Forte IV’s sound quality. 
If I compare these $30,000 class B tekton’s, to some of the class A speakers, there are some class A speakers for 1/2 the price (Dutch & Dutch 8C, Goldenear triton reference), or other class A speakers that are cheaper (Magico A5, Kef blade 2).

p05129

Showing 7 responses by mark200mph

I found tekton late in my search for speakers.have found them to be honest and back thier products.during this search I built tube amps with my ph.d father who taught me much on physics electronics and life.i am highly educated read alot have test equipment albeit not reference grade but close.i have ,not to brag but to test and listen and passify the savage beast that music does.read the review on the ulfberhts who said its a giant killer.it sits next to my very pretty focal utopia be speakers.there is no way they are 30x the price.my b&w 800 matrix r great too and so r the genesis and irs v referance dali megaline duntec 2001 usher d2.i have the moab be driven with a michi m8 sound wonderful to me. Perhaps you need a high end amp there is much debate about that subject as well.i only wish I would have found tekton earlier might not have as many speakers.go and listen to them then make your own decision.enjoy the music stay healthy.by the way some of my tektons have mundorf caps.spent my whole life dealing with trauma.sometimes music is wonderful to calm and psych.

Tektons web site states custom speakers.call them and they can discuss that for and with you

There are few manufactures that will build you a custom speaker.he uses high end Danish speakers for mid/ tweeters.the be cuts out the dome breakup heard in auditable frequency solving that distortion problem under 20 k hz they push it past that to > 20 k that the human ear can't hear for cone breakup.he can use any high end cap you want.beryllium is light velocity is mass x momentum so they are quick to respond.many manufactures use them revel,focal ect in their high end but it is expensive and hard to work with manufacturing wise berylliosis come to mind causing lung problems with too much exposure of raw materials.i happen to love my tektons and sound is subjective.some like Porsche, Mercedes or the famous red car.you can tap into the wisdom tekton has because it's decades or experiience.just take a listen the decide.

I have many speakers and enjoy them all.beauty is in the eye of the beholder.so is sound.dad was  a physicists we build some of the first Motorola computers for home use several tube amps several speakers.i have so many equations in my head because I was raised by the scientific method.i put warm water in the ice tray in the freezer dad walks by sees it steaming then said q= mc delta t.where is your controller where are your measurements what are you going to time it with and so on.we hade a scope 6 ft tall that would arc inside when turned on.tube testers meters magnets ect. As a ear nose and throat and trauma MD who puts platers in people's heads and skull face ect I spent my life studying sound. I have the tekton moab s ulfbriks and other custom done by Eric tekton in between wilson maxx focal utopia be legacy and von s maggy evolution and others.i like them and enjoy my discussions with tekton.he will build you what you want.i knew wilson personally. I miss him.enjoy the music I say this not to gloat but you can learn something from everyone.keep an open opinoin.

Again artificial intelligence changes words and spelling of words at that it did .perhaps they need better programming  of thier software. My undergrad degree was computer science.this could use a software update can you do that for the android phone I'm sure you smart enough.so we don't have to have this sophmoric conversation again.

What do you think I did. We you present and observed me.since you are so observational.