Step Up Transformer

I’m thinking of inserting a SUT into my system, and at this point the SKY20 from Bobs Devices seems to have it. Does anyone have experience with this SUT? It will be connected to Cadenza Black and either a McIntosh C70 or a PS Audio Stellar.

fundsgon

Pindac, by shear coincidence I just listened to Amused to Death, Quality Recordings pressing, and lo and behold it’s a QSound technology. And I must say it’s really really good. The soundstage is incredible.

Duck,

ps - digital, including CD, can sound as good or even much much better than vinyl.

@fundsgon , you are right. I listen to both analog and digital. There are good digital productions and there are bad. Just like there are good analog recording and there are bad. My criticism of the new Revolver lp is because it doesn’t sound like how it was originally produced. It sounds like a poorly produced digital recording to me. Overly hot, bright and harsh. I love the Beatles and have many old original lp’s and a few of the newer reissues. To me this new digitized analog pressing sounds like what it is. 

@fundsgon If that experience has captured you in Q Sound.

There is a Roger Water Live Album with Q Sound embedded. This is only available on CD, but has proved to be the most convincing of the 'being there' experience for Live Recordings at a Arena Venue I have listened too.