Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
Don't ever play your records more than once every six hours. The vinyl needs time to recover. Supposedly, virgin vinyl records are more durable. I don't know if that is Urban Legend or not, but I have lived by it since the late 70's.
Post removed 
The vortex tube didn't work for me. You get it setup for one record thickness and then it doesn't work for others.

I do use the two o-rings though, but I'm not steaming anymore - I'm using the Walker 4 step.
Joprras : The perceived loss of highs could be the result of "dirt" clinging to the record surface, "dirty" steam , improper steam cleaning methods or most likely records that need additional cleaning. Rarely, I have cleaned a Lp where gunk clinged to the grove requiring further steaming. This does not happened often but can happen.

As for the posting regarding a 6 hour difference between plays , I recall several articles in the late '70-80's in "Stereophile" that claimed recently cleaned or played LPs require a "rest" period of 2 hours or so for the vinyl grove to re-shape to pre-playing/cleaning condition. So, it not as if the phenom has not been remarked in print.