Stand out phono stages

This topic has been started before by others and myself as well, maybe too many times, but it is worth revisiting since the source is so very important!
So far I have had the pleasure to enjoy two worthy phono stages: the EAR 834p and the JLTI.
I have to admit they are spectacular. Obviously the record and all the equipment downstream play a role in the sound heard. In some cases I prefer the JLTI and in other cases the EAR. But neither out do the other dramatically.
What phono preamps outshine others by a big margin, those that can be considered the last phono preamp ever needed.
pedrillo
Is the phono stage you are all referring to, a moving coil cartridge preamp? If so I haven't seen mention of a Mark Levinson JC1-ac.
Have put my money where my mouth is. New TRON Seven Reference phono for my vintage Decca London C4E cartridge - stunning. Very different to my Allaerts MC1B through my TRON Meteor Preamp (with on board MC phono). Very happy with both options on my Platine Verdier.
Hi, I had a chance to get a MasterGroove used. When received I found out that the hum/buzz sound was little exaggerated. I did rather away contacted Tom Evans as the MasterGroove is stile under warranty.
Tom explain to my that this high end Phono Stage has a little modification and also can be configured as request according to PickUp and Setup.
Indeed Tom take it back for revision and upgrade and all this works for FREE, smooth and perfect.
If I have to say something about Tom Evans I only will say that he provides High Level support and service with out any doubt.
Now back the the most important question, What is The MasterGroove?
I won't discuss Vinyl or Digital sounding in this issue, but I heard vinyl sound better than CD, this is was not proved for me as I own one of the best CD player in the market, but I never giv up to find a vinyl grey that probably will sound better! from one upgrade to another; pickups, cables tonearms TT etc.. still nothing done the work better than the MasterGroove. Indeed the MasterGroove is a Master WORKS phono stage just 1 minutes playing and you are totally convinced of the high level and the sound that this box produce. The MasterGroove just produce what you want to hear. I don't want to mention the others phono stages I had, but today I'm quit satisfied with this astonishing product. It took times, cost lot of money during times but the MasterGroove is a Myst to have.
I second that Jtsnead, I spent a lot of time with the owner and his phono pre at an audio show and it sounded very nice - simple, well built and not over engineered.

I have considered getting one but really do prefer tubes.