Stack Audio-SmoothLAN Network Filter- WOW!

I just received this item that I purchased from Stack Audio after being impressed with the AUVA 100 Speaker footers.

For any of the Audio Streamers out there, my initial comment as to this item: The SmoothLAN Network Filter is WOW!

From first plug in, the soundstage deepened and widened immensely. How the heck this occurs is nothing short of amazing. I have tried many of the major brand ethernet filters, and some of them, maybe, did something. But not enough to keep them. I either sent them back or sold them. I did however keep an iFi Silencer unit.

My digital streaming consists of an EtherRegen sending out the signal via Fiber to my Lumin X1. I have the Stack Audio device going into the EtherRegen from the Modem.

And, since I have my Apple TV coming out of the EtherRegen it will be interesting to see if the Video improves.

Check out the review in EAR.

Stack Audio Smooth-LAN For Clean Streaming | The Ear (the-ear.net)

ozzy

128x128ozzy

So previously I posted that I just added another SmoothLan. I have 2 of them running back-to-back and then into my EtherRegen which then outputs fiber to my Lumin X1.

This is really revelatory! The sound is so pure, and the bass notes are really defined and powerful. The singers, guitars etc. are clearly defined but natural. I cannot detect anything negative.

Stack Audio should market a double version, it is that much of an improvement. I think I’ll send Josh a message.

I guess the only drawback is you gotta buy 2.

ozzy

@ozzy can you explain exactly how you have the two connected? Is one connected into the other or are they separated by a cord or device? Curious🤔

Straight out of the box cold, I agree wholeheartedly with "WOW".  Space, a more forward presentation, greater tonality and more presence.  So easy to hear this pleasing sonic change.  This Uber cheap filter had the same impact in my system as the much more expensive Soace Tech super rectifier.

@jaymark Glad to hear and I am now really looking forward to mine arriving.  I also have an STR and that was a revelation in SQ improvement.  Can you provide the set up chain you are using?  Many Thanks!

tksteingraber,

The SmoothLan comes with a short cat 8 cable. The input comes from my modem with a short cat 8 cable connected to the first SmoothLan, then I have the output of that unit connected via another short cat 8 cable to the input of another SmoothLan. Then from that unit a short cat 8 cable is connected to my EtherRegen.

I hope that helps.

ozzy