Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Vandersteen 2C's (any incarnation).....

I will change my amps, front-end components and cables, before changing these.

I swear on them!!!!

--Charles--
Hi O_holter my I was interested in the audiokineses LCS Dreammakers likw what you have I have been listening to a pair of Green Mountain Audio EOS HX bookshelf speakers time aligned and phase coherent. Is room size a big contributing factor for the Dreammakers? My music is a mix of jazz vocals sometimes a little rock but not much.
Any inputs are deeply appreciated.

Pankaj
M3.7i for me and the CAD 120S MkII with Psvane KT88; 6SN7: TJFM, Sylvania JAN CHS; Vcap CuFT upgrades connected to SLP-98P with 6SN&: TJFM, Sylvania JAN CHS. Best synergy and sound ever compared to the dynamic SF speakers in the 2nd listening room.
Loved those Artemis Eos with bass mods. Heard them for the first time in a store in Dallas with top of the line AN/Japan components and I was floored. Owned the Proacs. Couldn't fit the Response 3.8's or I would have owned them. Never spent much time with Joseph Audio, but need to find a dealer to listen to them as they get so much great press. Like most of what you have on your list.
Totem Hawks revised....
Man, these are good speakers with my new set up - I just purchased a pair of Musical Fidelity M1 PWR amps which I'm bi-amping through an Audio Research LS2 pre. The earlier issues I had with the Hawks was their "coloring" compared to the Thiels (which I've donated away) or the Maggies. (Which I'm hanging onto. With each Hawk having its own amp the sound truly filled out, and I'm just about breaking them in. The Hawks are still colored IMHO, but a lot more has come out of them under this setup. The M1 amps put out about 100 watts in Mono into 8 ohms, which the Hawks are. Nice having some additional space back into my living room as well...