Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I have gone through an embarrassing # of speakers in my search. I was in the hobby for 20 years before selling almost everything and focusing on family and career. Now, back into it again.
First go round I owned Kef, Audes, Duevel, Totem, Usher, Talon, B&W, Anthony Gallo, Meadowlark, Aerial Acoustics, Von Schweikert, Omega, Thiel, Polk, Martin Logan, NHT, Verity Audio, Rethm and a few others I don't even remember....
Before I sold 8 years ago, I had a pair of Firebird Talon's that I loved (although they sounded better with the original ceramic tweeter then the diamond tweeter I upgraded to). I sold those but kept my Aerial Acoustics 10T's for my HT system. I still have the 10T's in my family room, and they still sound amazing!
My new 2 channel system will be using Vienna Acoustics The Muzik speakers, which I have yet to pass judgement on. But my Aerial Acoustics 10T's do fit the thread title; I will keep them forever. Even considering all the others I have listed, the 10T is a revolution in performance; especially considering their current going rate here on Audiogon.
I have loved the Supertowers for years and love them all over again since I hooked up the Ayre integrated. I get my new DAC/cable this week and can't wait to burn it in. I bet it's going to sound that much better. That said, I'm selling them off (let me know if interested) along with my other two sets of proacs so that I can afford the Vandy Treo's. I love the rightness of the Treo's, but I will be fine with the Proacs until I can sell them, that's for sure.

As for tired of looking at something, I'm past that part of my life. Maybe in a car, but not in a speaker. The tall, slim, teak Proacs are attractive to me and always have been. I've never been a B&W guy at all. Way to hot on the top end for me. The new diamond series are the first ones I can listen to that don't make my ears bleed. Again, I realize how popular they are and when I say that about their sound, I'm talking the top level ones since the 800's came out years ago. Just not for me, but many swear by them.
I just love vintage infinity's. Had RS 6b when I was young and just bought them again as backspeakers in my surround set up. They still sound beautiful and are perfect for smaller rooms. In my living room I have used Infinity renaissance 90 for the last 5-6 years. I love them. But having just moved to a new home with a different and larger living room I had problems getting the sound I wanted. I now know that it was largely due to setup and speaker placement challenges, but I still bought myself a set of infinity IRS Betas. Anyway I will never sell my renaissance speakers.
None because the electronics in active speakers will fail in 2 decades or so and the in passive speakers you will have to replace the capacitors within 15 years or so.
Astrallite, I guess it is a matter of how old you are when you decide they are for the rest of your life. Maybe my Rectilinear IIIs are still working or my Fulton Premiers but certainly not my Infinity ServoStatic 1s.

But in reality I cannot imagine living with the particular compromise in the speaker you own for a long time.