Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
My little Linn Kans are still with me after literally dozens of different stand mount speakers. They just work in a small room close to the wall like no other speaker I have tried costing ten times the price of the Kans.
Well, it's going on 8 years since I bought a used pair of Dali Helicon 800s from this site, and they play everything I throw at them(from Adele to AC/DC and Metallica) so well, I won't even risk trying to better them. They were the buy of a lifetime for me. So as of now, they're with me till 'they' die or 'I' die. If they die first, I'll probably try to revive the old beauties, or hopefully find another pair. Even the cabinets are too beautiful to get rid of. They're going nowhere. I use my 2nd system to experiment with different speakers. :)
I have apogee scintillas 1 ohm
Can I power them with Pass x 600 mono blocks

Thank you

cliff145@cox.net
I purchased New, a pair of Dynaudio Contour 3.0's. These speakers kick ass! The beautiful natural cherry has darkened over the last 13 years. Never have I had any problem with them.They were handmade in Denmark,and I understand that Dynaudio keeps the original wood veneers on hand in case of a repair. Also,if I needed to replace a driver,they are the largest OEM supplier of drivers in the world. Kinda gives you a lot of peace of mind. Happy listening.

Matt M