Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau

Showing 2 responses by ejr1953

I've enjoyed a pair of Totem Element Fire monitors (with a subwoofer) for 4+ years.
I had the hots to see if another speaker would catch my ear, after getting permission from "the boss" to move the audio system down to our family room (now referred to as my "man cave"), able now to accommodate floor standing units, I ordered a pair of Focal Sopra No2's, which should arrive this week! The detail these speakers uncover, especially in the midrange and high frequencies is astounding.
The only caution I have for others is to make sure you are driving Focals with that somewhat "unforgiving" tweeter, is to make sure those electronics have no "shrill" characteristics. They will drive you nuts if they do!
I've enjoyed my Focal Sopra No2's since they first arrived in the USA and am thinking that they might be my last.