Speakers to consider around 5k used?

I'm a newbie to the high quality world of audio. I'm interested in getting a decent system together. I'm looking for the highest quality speaker in the 4-6k range used. My listening habits are eclectic. Primarily Electronic, Rock/Pop, Classical/Soundtrack, and Traditional/Folk. My room size is an average sized USA house living room. I don't want a speaker that is overly detailed or bright that leads to harshness or fatigue, neither one that is too warm or veiled. I want a neutral speaker that is realistic and true to source without being difficult to listen to, especially in the highs. I am starting with the speakers, and have no other hi-fi equipment. However, I'm considering a network DAC player for my source.

What speakers should I be looking at and which are the best in this range available?

Thanks
Aqua
aquablu8
My room size is an average sized USA house living room.

What are the dimensions of an average sized USA living room?? I'll bet every poster above has a different idea what an average room's dimensions are. I think you should post the room dimensions, including ceiling height. That way, the speakers recommended would be a better fit for your room size.
I don't get it ok so the guy designed speakers for Philharmonic. legacy designed the sound system for the new Riverfiont Theatre in Peoria http://www.peoriariverfrontmuseum.org
14 Kilowatts 42 chaneels and they also designed the speaker system for the largest recording company in the world, Universal Music Group. More importantly, it would be utilized by the legendary producer/CEO/Chairman, Antonio "L.A." Reid.
The playback system covers a 40 seat Manhattan conference room, providing uniquely good imaging for all listeners, yet serving up club-like SPLs. Its a system that can image like Whisper and Helix but provide unprecedented impact in a mastering quality monitor.
To that end I'm through go check them out ! lol
Ohm Walsh 3000 for 4 grand NEW. You will probably have to wait six months though but all good things to those who wait.
I appreciate your ethics regarding demoing from dealers then buying used. I did same with a component, but before I bought used I gave the dealer the option th match the used price with his demo model I actually offered to pay for the demo time since I was buying used. They declined my demo payment and sold me the demo unit for a nice discount. Relationship saved!

Since you're starting from scratch you really need to get out and listen so you know what you like before you can find which components paired will give you the sound you want. Paradigm speakers + warm electronics, (parasound a21 or such). kef, revel gobs of power and a sub or two.SF or  VA  do better with neutral like hegel, anthem etc get the idea? Do you prefer listening to live recordings loud in a big room? Klipsch. $5k for speakers and $2500 for power another $1500 dac or tt and cables and you slide in under $10k.. I'm a bass lover but the bass we can hear as well as feel so not into subs so much. Dsp speakers don't have an upgrade path, but are already component matched to sound their best(to the designers ears) I have two systems 1 passive 1 fully active DSP. both have their charms. Have fun. Happy holidays