Speakers that disappear

I once listened to some speakers where i was surprised by their disappearing act - I don't remember the brand - I think they were stand mounted. I am currently looking for speakers - not too big - and was hoping for recommendations - I know other components matter too but I understand some speakers are noted for this trait and some don't. I listen mostly to classical and vocals, lighter pop - no hard rock (I assume the Beatles and 60's count as "light" :) )  Speakers I have

Harbeth PS3ER XD,  

Martin Logan Stylos Speakers (wall mounted)
Aurum Cantus Leisure 2 Speakers, 

Enigma Speakers -   Enigma Oremus

Had Focal Aria 906

Thanks!  

128x128ahal1

Hello ahal1!  All of Linkwitz designs will vanish when playing music. They are abailable in kit form from Madisound. I have built three different models (Plutos, LX minis, LX521) and all sound wonderful and are good at the "disappearing act."  Happy listening!

When you speak of listening to speakers that disappeared and were stand mounted, you were most likely listening to the Bose 901s, which sit on a pedestal as an integral part of their design. To me, none of the other Bose products come close, but the 901s via their equalizers can put out a nice sound, and they certainly disappear without needing a lot of additional equipment to achieve the objective. Many can find fault with them, but that's what you were most likely listening to.

Bose comes to mind, but only if there's at least one Synergistic Research fuse in the system.

No highs no lows, must be Bose.  

I am pretty sure that there are stand mounted speakers that do a better job at the disappearing act than Bose 901s.  (And I had never heard Bose 901s referred to as "stand mounted" before, but who knows.)

Anthony Gallo ref 3.1 or 3.5s or their current stand mounts Strada II. I obviously a fan boy for Gallo. The cdt tweeters are among my favorites in all the speakers I’ve ever heard. 

I’ve also been drawn to most open baffle designs for the disappearance act. Depending on budget, Nola makes some really special sounding speakers. All disappear without much fuss.