Speakers for Yamaha AS2100

Hello all, 

was recently able to purchase a Yamaha as2100 for a really good price and was wondering what speakers would pair well with it. Budget for speakers will be $2k but am flexible. Was wondering if I could get some feedback from any AS2100 owners. Looking for bookshelf speakers preferably. Listen to a bit of everything but mainly jazz and 80s music. Will not be playing at ear splitting volumes as I live in an apartment. And feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

best,

Mike
mgrec42

Showing 1 response by audioman58

The Elac Vela 403,stand mount ,these other two are stand mount 407,409, .
I have been into audio for 30+ years and the Elecs new designs are outstanding 
and have won several rave awards . ThisnewJet amp tweeter is very special 
clear the floor with dimes it isnot only refined after50-75breakin  but very airy with excellent depth I have found -0 speakers even at $5 k with a better tweeter 
these down firing woofer in the stand mounts  with theirDiamind sandwich paper Stamped aluminum information a relatively smaller speaker packs a punch into the mid 40 hz region and finished as well as speakers 3 x the price they are a excellent  deal ,well worth checking up just go YouTube they shave a great tourturetedt to the woofer ,and the Jet 5 tweeter is builtsolidthe accordion pleats  4 x the surface are vs a cone and are hand folded then robot soldersdriver membrain in place and strong neodymium magnets used.