Speakers for Heavy Metal

I currently have a pair of Odyssey Lorelei speakers and they are a bit thin sounding with metal.  I'd like something a little beafier and warm.  I'm driving them with a Pass X150.5 and a Metrum Hex DAC.  Any thoughts on something below 2k that doesn't require a subwoofer?
linaeum66
Back in the 80's the guys interested in Metal, certainly had Cerwin-Vega speakers because, we could play them very LOUD!

It would be interesting to learn if the company is original or owned by someone else....
Which metal artists are you guys listening to...?

If you can stretch your budget a little further then I can thoroughly recommend Tannoy DC10T. These are made to rock...& I don't mean just with weak-ass metal; these perform great with Nile, Gorguts, Beneath The Massacre, Origin, Melvins et al.

They drop to 30Hz so can easily handle some of the low frequencies dropped into tracks by bands like Animals As Leaders, The Flying Luttenbachers, The Locust...etc.
I am in the same boat, though not the same equipment my Dalis aren't cutting it.  Amazing on light dreamy jazzy vocal stuff, but thin thin for metal.   Did you ever make a purchase?